It can also be a powerful tool for you. In this presentation, Kushner shows you simple, presidential humor techniques to become a more affective communicator — even if you can’t tell a joke.
Each technique is demonstrated by a U.S. president via video and audio clips. This non-partisan presentation features each president using humor intentionally and successfully. (There are no goof-ups or bloopers!) Many of these clips were obtained during Kushner’s five years of research in the National Archives. You won’t see the rare ones anywhere else.
– how to select humor appropriate to your message
– how to create personal anecdotes that make a point
– simple types of humor that don’t require comic delivery
– how humor can save you from awkward situations
– the secret of not “bombing”
– the difference between “being funny”and communicating a “sense of humor”
– how to avoid the two biggest mistakes in using humor
Transform your sense of humor into a powerful professional asset. It’s an invaluable skill for anyone. And that’s no joke!
Length: The material in this program is modularized so it can be made to fit your needs. It has been delivered in presentations ranging from 30 to 90 minutes. It’s most popular length as a keynote is 60 minutes.
Workshop: The material can also be explored in greater detail with exercises in a workshop ranging from one to three hours.
CE credit: The keynote or workshop usually qualifies for continuing education credit as communication skills. Organizations that have granted CE credit include the Texas Medical Association, Washington Municipal Treasurers Association and State Bar of California.